POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION – “ IT IS REAL” and we can help!
What is Postpartum Depression:
A mood disorder or depression that occurs in mothers after the birth of a baby which can last several weeks or months. Common age group effective is 18 – 35 years of age. May be dangerous or life threatening.
You are not alone:
In the US it is reported that there are more than 3 million cases per year of women suffering from postpartum depression.
Though symptoms are most commonly seen in the first few weeks after birth, they can occur anytime within the first year. Emotional, behavioral and cognitive changes may be caused.
- Feeling of sadness and anxiety
- Sleeping a lot
- Eating too less or too much
- Unexplained aches, pain or illness
- Anxiety, irritation or anger for no reason
- Sudden mood changes
- Poor concentration
- Difficulty in remembering things
- Feelings of worthlessness, guilt and hopelessness
- Recurrent thoughts of death and suicide
- Lack of pleasure in things that were earlier enjoyable
- A preference for solitude
- Feeling disconnected with the baby
Medical professional advised
ZULRESSO – Indicated for the treatment of postpartum depression (PPD) in adults
– Intravenous (IV) infusion over a total of 60 hours (2.5 days) in the hospital setting